Hardwood Flooring in New York
Hardwood flooring adds character, charm, and value to your home. Regardless of style preferences, there’s a hardwood floor that’s your perfect fit. At Tile Town Carpet One Floor & Home in Dewitt, Auburn, and Liverpool, NY, we have the best hardwood flooring brands, with options to please every home and business owner.
How to Style Hardwood Floors
Each species of hardwood performs differently in terms of hardness, so select carefully to suit your lifestyle and needs. Choose from a variety of exotic and domestic tree species, including bamboo, cork, maple, oak, and birch, each offering unique characteristics. Whatever your style, there's a hardwood floor that perfectly fits your unique vision. Discover the incredible versatility of hardwood flooring and make it uniquely yours by incorporating distinctive features such as:
- Wide and Narrow Planks: Choose between wide planks for a bold, modern look or narrow planks for a classic, timeless appeal.
- Finished and Unfinished Planks: Personalize your space with finished planks for a polished appearance or unfinished planks to add a touch of rustic charm.
- Varied Finishes: Explore different finishes, including matte for a subtle elegance, textured for added depth, and glossy for a sophisticated shine.
- Hand-Scraping: Add character to your hardwood floors with hand-scraping, creating a unique and artisanal touch.
What are The Benefits of Having Hardwood Floors in New York?
Hardwood floors offer a range of benefits, enhancing homes in this distinct part of New York State.
- Historic Charm Integration: hardwood floors seamlessly blend with the unique architectural and cultural heritage of New York State.
- Resilience for Local Climates: Showcase the resilience of hardwood floors, withstanding the diverse climates and daily demands specific to our area, from cozy city dwellings to countryside retreats.
- Low-Maintenance Living: Hardwood floors offer easy maintenance, allowing you to relish the tranquil beauty of this part of upstate New York.
- Allergen-Free Comfort: Create allergen-free environments within your home with hardwood floors that resist trapping dust, ensuring a breath of fresh air.
- Versatility for Distinct Styles: Personalize your living space to reflect your style as hardwood floors offer versatile design options that complement any aesthetic.
- Real Estate Appeal: Enhance the appeal of your property with the timeless charm of hardwood floors, making your home stand out in both city and rural markets of upstate New York.
- Climate-Adapted Comfort: Experience year-round comfort with the natural insulation provided by hardwood floors.
Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood Floors
The choice between solid and engineered hardwood depends on your specific needs, considerations for your home environment, and preferences regarding maintenance and aesthetics. Explore these options to discover the perfect hardwood solution tailored to your unique requirements.
- Crafted from a single piece of wood.
- A living product that naturally expands and contracts.
- Can be refinished multiple times over its lifespan.
- Offers enduring durability and a timeless appeal.
- Constructed with wood veneers beneath a genuine wood surface layer.
- A diverse array of styles is comparable to solid wood floors.
- Features unique construction, enhancing versatility.
A Guide to Hardwood & Humidity
Choosing the right hardwood flooring for your home involves careful research and planning, especially considering the ever-changing seasons in our region. Your home's relative humidity, the amount of water vapor in the air, undergoes seasonal shifts. These fluctuations can significantly impact hardwood floors, causing them to shrink in cases of too-low humidity or swell in instances of excessive humidity. This can pose long-term challenges for your hardwood floors. Ensure the health of your hardwoods with these key considerations:
- Maintain 43 Percent Relative Humidity: Experts recommend a steady relative humidity level of 43 percent for the healthiest hardwoods.
- Use Humidistats or Hydrometers: Tools like humidistats or hydrometers monitor and control humidity levels in your home.
- Enhance Insulation with Curtains and Shades: Complement humidity control efforts with insulated curtains and shades to minimize external influences.
- Leverage Air Conditioners: Incorporate air conditioners to regulate indoor temperature and humidity levels.
- Consider Dehumidifiers: Install dehumidifiers in areas prone to high humidity to mitigate potential swelling of hardwood floors.
Professional Hardwood Flooring Installation in New York
When considering hardwood flooring installation, the choice between solid and engineered hardwood floors depends on the room's moisture level and location. Here's a quick guide:
Solid Hardwood Floors:
- Best suited for rooms with low moisture levels such as living rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
- Requires nail-down installation and must be installed over plywood subfloors above grade.
Engineered Hardwood Floors:
- Ideal for living rooms, bedrooms, and playrooms.
- Glued-down installation allows for flexibility, enabling installation below and above grade, including basements and finished attics.
For a seamless and enduring hardwood flooring installation experience in New York, entrust the job to the professionals at Tile Town Carpet One Floor & Home. Flawlessly cut planks and expert installers ensure a long-lasting floor, free from cracks that can lead to issues like water penetration, dust, bacteria, and allergen accumulation.
Explore our extensive collection of hardwood floors featuring top brands like Hydrotek, Hanover Hills, Anderson Tuftex, Bushido, Armstrong, Rustic River, and Baroque. Whether you seek charm or a classic wood floor, we have the perfect option for you. Visit one of our three local showrooms to discover more hardwood flooring choices and elevate the aesthetics of your space.
Contact us or stop by any of our showrooms located in Auburn, NY, Dewitt, NY, and Liverpool, NY. We proudly serve the surrounding communities as well!